Certain foods just seem to go together – Burger and fries; Mac and cheese; Chips and dip. The same can be said for some of our activities – A movie and popcorn; A ballgame and hot dogs; A concert and wine/beer.
You might partake in any of these on a special occasion or even on a daily basis but… is one person’s perfect combo meal another’s as well?
I have some favorites that may or may not appeal to anyone else:
- Salmon, brown rice and steamed broccoli
- Grilled Swiss cheese and avocado
- Chocolate brownie with mint chip ice cream and hot fudge
My Dad prefers:
- Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes
- Meat loaf and mashed potatoes
- Hamburger and mashed potatoes
Maybe our palates are set as children – depending on such things as: if you grew up during the Depression or if you bought daily school lunches. Who knows? But as long as your health isn’t affected and it makes you happy… To each, his/her own!